Horizon High School Band Parent Association
We function as the background support group for Mr. Dailey, the Horizon High School music staff, and all of the performance ensembles.
HHSBPA Board of Directors
President: Kelly Van Oss
Vice President: Nikole Odell
Treasurer: Ashley Armstrong
Secretary: Lynn Scavuzzo
Chaperone Chair: Tanja Lammers
Trailer Crew Chair: Jim Bergman
Uniform Co-Chairs: Lorraine Anderson and Nikole Odell
Fundraising Chair: Rebecca Miller
Food Committee Co-Chairs: Stephanie Skarbek and Tanja Lammers
Webmaster Chair: Kim Bacon
Raffle Committee Chairs: Sheila & Victor Wirick and Fletcher & Rhonda Brown
Music & Arts Chair: Brooke Milinazzo
Although COVID has changed how marching band looks this year, we are still working behind the scenes to be sure the students get what they need! We will be raising money for instrument repair, uniform needs, equipment repair and other things necessary to run a marching band. If you have any suggestions or ideas, please reach out to us!
Here are some of the things that the HHSBPA does during the school year:
• Making props for the marching band field show.
• Helping with the loading and unloading of the equipment trailers and setting up/taking down the equipment on the field for the marching show (pit crew).
• Planning fundraisers.
• Serve as chaperones for bus trips and tours.
• Assisting with preparations for field and concert performances.
• Planning meals for performances off site.
• Instrument, trailer, uniform, and prop repairs.
• Helping with travel arrangements.
• Planning the band camp BBQ and other banquets/celebrations.
• Helping as needed for all marching, concert, jazz, choir, and orchestra performances.
• MOST IMPORTANTLY, SUPPORTING THE KIDS AND HAVING FUN!
Like any youth organization, solid support from parents is critical to success!
The HHSBPA and/or Mr. Dailey send out a weekly e-mail to all parents highlighting some of the events that are coming up so it is IMPORTANT to check e-mail weekly. The HHSBPA also has a Facebook page (Horizon High School Band Parent Association) where reminders will be posted. The Facebook page can be used by parents or students to post photos, questions, comments, or other fun stuff.
Once again, WELCOME to Horizon High School Music! We know you will be proud of the accomplishments your student will make this year. If you have any questions, concerns, ideas, or comments, please contact us. We encourage all parents to be involved!