Horizon High School Band Parent Association
We function as the background support group for Mr. Dailey, the Horizon High School music staff, and all of the performance ensembles.
HHSBPA Board of Directors
Kelly Van Oss
Matt Madrid and Jon Dellinger
Senior Drum Major - Christian Tetrick
Here are some of the things that the HHSBPA does during the school year:
• Making props for the marching band field show….
• Helping with the loading and unloading of the equipment trailers and setting up/taking down the equipment on the field for the marching show (pit crew)…..
• Planning fundraisers…..
• Serve as chaperones for bus trips and tours…..
• Assisting with preparations for field and concert performances…..
• Planning meals for performances off site….
• Instrument, trailer, uniform, and prop repairs….
• Helping with travel arrangements….
• Planning the band camp BBQ and other banquets/celebrations…..
• Helping as needed for all marching, concert, jazz, choir, and orchestra performances…..
• MOST IMPORTANTLY, SUPPORTING THE KIDS AND HAVING FUN!
Like any youth organization, solid support from parents is critical to success!
The HHSBPA and/or Mr. Dailey send out a weekly e-mail to all parents highlighting some of the events that are coming up so it is IMPORTANT to check e-mail weekly. The HHSBPA also has a Facebook page (Horizon High School Band Parent Association) where reminders will be posted. The Facebook page can be used by parents or students to post photos, questions, comments, or other fun stuff.
Once again, WELCOME to Horizon High School Music! We know you will be proud of the accomplishments your student will make this year. If you have any questions, concerns, ideas, or comments, please contact us. We encourage all parents to be involved!