Horizon Summer and School Year Updates!
Updated: Aug 1, 2021
Please read this email in its entirety. There is a lot of information to send out to all of you. Last year may have been quiet, however this band season things will be moving fast and in full swing. Things will be almost as "normal" as in the past and you're going to need to pay attention to many dates and events, as well as keep things prioritized and organized.
Here we go:
1. Get in your King Soopers Community Rewards screenshot or link (a previous email was sent out with complete details).
2. Fun Services Fundraising Opportunities: There are two dates to help out.
Fun Services events will be considered an individual fundraiser along with helping the general fund. If you and/or your student volunteer for either of the Fun Services events, the amount you earn will be split 60/40 between student and the general fund. For each hour that you work a total of $12.32 is raised. That means your students will raise $7.39 for themselves and the other $4.93 will go into the general fund. This is a great way to help pay those student band fees this year.
Example: If your student and both parents work an event for 4 hours, that will be $88.68 raised for your student ($7.39 X 4 hours X3 people).
Events are fun and it's a positive way to spend time together with both friends and family members. Volunteers must be 14 years or older. Get the entire family involved if you can and earn money for your student!
3. Uniform Fittings: Band Camp will be here soon... August 2nd-6th. We need your help to fit all of the students with their uniforms. Please click on this link to sign up at a time that works for you. There is no sewing required. It's a great way to get to know the band students and build a rapport.
4. Prop Construction: Mr. Dailey needs help building the props that are necessary for this year's marching show. The plans are there, they just need to be executed. Please take a look at the following link and sign up for a time to assist in making the marching show one of the best shows ever.
5. Parent Show and Tell: Friday, August 6th at 6pm. During this time Mr. Dailey will have a short meeting with all of you, the students will perform, and we will have some food and drinks for you while you socialize and mingle. We will have sign up sheets for different committees such as fundraising, chaperoning, Music and Arts, pit crew, and food. You will have the opportunity to purchase your HHS Band bumper stickers and reusable bags at this time as well. The funds earned from these sales are 100% profit and go to help the general fund.
6. Silent Auction: Keep an eye out for information regarding our silent auction. Baskets will be there at the Show and Tell on Friday the 6th and the winners will be announced that evening. Information regarding each of the baskets will go out on Sunday, August 1st. You will have the opportunity to make your bids at the Show and Tell. It is not necessary for you to be present at the end of the night when winners are determined.
7. Peach Sale: The HHS Marching Band will be selling Palisade peaches this year. Details are being worked out and will be coming your way early next week. Peach lovers, be sure to check your email for information regarding sale dates, cost, and delivery date.
8. Mile of Money: Our annual Mile of Money Fundraiser will kick off virtually on Saturday, August 21st. We will hold the in person Mile of Money on this same date. Once again, details will be sent out next week. Some logistics still need to be worked out. The email will include a sign up genius that will enable parents and family members to help the students during this time.
9. June Raffle Winner: Better to announce late than not at all...our June raffle brought in $100 and our winner received $50 and the HHS Hawks tee shirt. Congratulations to Kelley Staudenmier. Her daughter Amber is a member of the marching band. Thank you to all who bought tickets.
Our monthly raffles are temporarily on hold. We have so many other events and activities that must take priority. We'll let you know when they resume.
Please let us know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns. Thank you for your continued support of the HHS band program.
Kelly Van Oss