Band Camp Information from Mrs. Fleeman
Good morning, HHS Band Family!
I hope you've had a wonderful summer, full of adventures and memories. Our family has enjoyed some adventures (10-day road trip to South Dakota, Wyoming, and Montana), spent time with family and friends, and enjoyed some down time. Time has flown and marching band camp is next week! I hope you're looking ahead to what you'll need to bring. Here's the list for your planning:
1. Wear lightweight, athletic clothing.
2. Wear athletic shoes that tie. Please don't wear flip-flops or non-tennis shoes.
3. Bring a water jug, filled with water. You'll drink from it all day long.
4. We are asking parents to provide a morning and afternoon snack, but if you prefer your own snack, please bring it. Parents -- we hope you'll sign up to bring snacks. See email that is coming soon.
5. Lunch is on your own from 12 noon - 1:30 p.m. each day. You may bring a sack lunch and eat it at school or you may leave for the lunch break.
6. Bring your instrument, supplies for the instrument, music in lyre/flipfolder, and a pencil.
7. Bring a good attitude and your smile. Get ready to have lots of fun while working hard.
8. PLEASE eat breakfast each day before you arrive. Make sure to include protein in that breakfast, not just sugared cereal.
Here is the marching band camp schedule for next week:
Monday (August 3) AM - 8 a.m. - 12 noon (9th graders, newbies, Leadership Corps only -- outside rehearsal)
Monday PM - 1:30 - 5:00 p.m. (ALL marching band members -- inside rehearsal)
Tuesday thru Friday (August 4 - 7): 8 a.m. - 12 noon (Outside Rehearsal), 1:30 - 5:00 p.m. (Inside Rehearsal)
Friday Evening (August 7): 6 p.m. -- Marching Band Camp Parent Performance and Dinner **Parents, please plan to attend and see the progress our band has made. We will perform at 6 p.m. (outside on parking lot field behind HHS) and eat dinner afterwards. The HHS Band Parent Association will provide grilled hot dogs for the meal. The rest of the meal will be provided by the band family. We will make those assignments the first few days of band camp.
One more thing......if you follow the Facebook Horizon High School Band Parent Association page, please make sure you go under the "Liked" tab at top and click "get notifications" so that you get the updates. Otherwise, you may not see the updated notifications. Please consider joining our FB page -- it is a great place to get information and see what the band is doing!
I look forward to seeing all of you next week at marching band camp. If you have questions, email me, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.